This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gwenjames43

PostSubject: Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair   Wed 25 Nov 2009 - 6:08

I wanted to get the best mohair, can you tell me where to buy it. I have not been able to find a seller. Thanks, gwenjames43
Back to top Go down
BrooklynsGram
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair   Wed 25 Nov 2009 - 0:47

Hi Slumberland has their own web site. Search slumberlad mohair and it should come up. I've been on it several tomes. Just don't rem exzct add. hope this helps
Pris Just found it Slumberlandnursery.com

Last edited by BrooklynsGram on Wed 25 Nov 2009 - 0:50; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info)
Back to top Go down
Second Star
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair   Wed 25 Nov 2009 - 15:40

I have never bought any delta dawn mohair but I have used Slumberland's. I believe Lara using Delta so she probably knows where to buy it. I have a woman whom I have been buying from for a couple of years now and all I have to do is email her with whatever choice of color and she sets me up. She does however sell by the ounce at the time. Some people choose to buy just a half ounce. If you would like her email address just pm me. I like her mohair because it is so soft and never looks frizzy. Because it is so soft you really have to have a handle on rooting because it does make it a little more difficult.
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair   Wed 25 Nov 2009 - 15:47

I use Delta Dawn's mohair, almost exclusively. I sometimes use Slumberland.
To get on Dawn's email list, just email her and ask to be put on her special list. If you tell her Lara sent you, I will get $2 off my next order. :D
Here's her email:
dawngarma@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelsinwaitingnursery.com
BrooklynsGram
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair   Wed 25 Nov 2009 - 15:57

Hi all I got mine from Sue Nargel spelling prob wrong anyone ever use her? It's very soft and beautiful colors.
Thanks
Pris
Back to top Go down
Pauline
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair   Thu 26 Nov 2009 - 20:30

Hi Pris,
I have used Sue Nagels mohair on one doll, it was lovely to work with and no waste.
I purchased a baby blonde and a brown ages ago before her prices went sky high. Not sure how her prices are now....Pauline

BrooklynsGram wrote:
Hi all I got mine from Sue Nargel spelling prob wrong anyone ever use her? It's very soft and beautiful colors.
Thanks
Pris
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair   Thu 26 Nov 2009 - 20:35

That's what happened to me. I used to buy from her for $60/oz. Then suddenly she wouldn't accept custom orders anymore, and her prices on Ebay got too high. I'm not going into a bidding war for mohair!!!! :shock:
Back to top Go down
joa44
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair   Thu 26 Nov 2009 - 22:30

Lara wrote:
That's what happened to me. I used to buy from her for $60/oz. Then suddenly she wouldn't accept custom orders anymore, and her prices on Ebay got too high. I'm not going into a bidding war for mohair!!!! :shock:

i hear that,,,,even if is the best...The prices are jsut way out there for The Reborners that made her what she is........... :(
Back to top Go down
BrooklynsGram
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair   Fri 27 Nov 2009 - 0:16

Hi yes I bought some on auction and hatted the bidding war. So I emailed her. She is now 75 per ounce direct from her. I'll see how this works. I got her name from some reborners babies I'd seen and liked. Prob too much but I am wicked picky with what hair looks like. Even though I've yet to do a doll. Thanks for info.
Pris
Back to top Go down
Pauline
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair   Fri 27 Nov 2009 - 1:10

I just had a look at Sue Nagels mohair on Ebay. The prices look like they have slowed down but still 2 days to go.
It will be interesting to see if she is still getting the very high prices....Pauline
Back to top Go down
BrooklynsGram
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair   Fri 27 Nov 2009 - 2:35

Pauline when I bought on auction they stayed resonable till the end then bidding war. I know I paid too much for 1/2 oz but I really wanted it. Then I emailed her and she said she would sell direct to me at 75 oz. She usually starts auctions at 38 per 1/2 oz. So I did think it was better to buy direct. She said when the color I requested was ready she'd send an invoice. If not I'll prob go with Lara's supplier.
Hugs
Pris
Back to top Go down
Pauline
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair   Fri 27 Nov 2009 - 4:27

I have some mohair from Hideaway Homestead. Haven't used it yet but it certainly looks and feels very similar to Sue Nagels.
I can't remember what I paid but will check if I kept invoice. Has any one bought mohair from her?...Pauline
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair   Fri 27 Nov 2009 - 10:44

Personally, I like Delta Dawn and Slumberland way better than Susan's. I think she is overrated. JMPO.
Back to top Go down
BrooklynsGram
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair   Fri 27 Nov 2009 - 11:39

Thank you Lara I was going with Slumberland, then heard of hers. Guess after I use this I'll try the other. Thanks
Pris
Did you see my ajax ?
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair   Fri 27 Nov 2009 - 16:36

I did email you back on that. Any dish soap is fine. Ajax has the best grease cutters, so I use it more often. It can help get off any factory residue from your kit before you baby wash it. :D
Back to top Go down

Where to buy Delta Dawn or Slumberland Mohair

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next