This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Type of towel used over cookie sheet

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SharonLeeBee
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby

Type of towel used over cookie sheet Empty
PostSubject: Type of towel used over cookie sheet   Type of towel used over cookie sheet EmptyThu 31 Jan 2013 - 2:04

What type of towel do the people who bake their vinyl parts on a cookie sheet use? And do you cover the top with a towel, too? Finally, do you place your cookie sheet in the middle of the oven, near the bottom, or near the top? I am asking these questions to avoid shiny vinyl parts. Thanks! SharonLeeBee
Back to top Go down
Michelle73
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Type of towel used over cookie sheet   Type of towel used over cookie sheet EmptyThu 31 Jan 2013 - 13:02

I don't use any type of kitchen towels like I used to mainly due to indentations from the towel on my vinyl parts once baked. I now use a plain white cotton baby receiving blanket (ironic I know lol). Now I bake in a nuwave halogen oven so not sure if it would be safe to use this type of baby blanket in an actual oven. I haven't had an issue using the receiving blanket at all in my nuwave.

If your asking if you put a towel on top of the vinyl parts? The answer is no bigsmile I have never baked in a regular oven but I do know that you don't want the vinyl parts near the top of the oven so I would avoid the top of the oven , just my opinion. I am sure someone will come a long to answer the oven questions for you. Just to let you know that you may want to post this topic in the Cozy Lounge because you will have better luck at getting more answers bigsmile
Back to top Go down
http://www.roseecheeksrebornnursery.net
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Type of towel used over cookie sheet   Type of towel used over cookie sheet EmptyFri 1 Feb 2013 - 10:24

I use a plain white pre-fold cloth diaper. You do not want to put anything on top of the vinyl parts. You want to place the parts as far away from the heating element as possible. Mine only heats on the bottom, so I have mine raised. Some heat on the top or both top and bottom so just be sure to keep parts as far away from the heating element as possible.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: Type of towel used over cookie sheet   Type of towel used over cookie sheet EmptyMon 4 Feb 2013 - 22:04

I used to bake in the oven all the time when I first started reborning. I just use a regular hand towel on the bottom of the cookie sheet. Make sure your vinyl does not touch any edges that are not covered. Never place a towel over the vinyl parts. I also cooked my reborns in the middle of the oven for even temps. They always did well at 265 F for 8 min. bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Type of towel used over cookie sheet   Type of towel used over cookie sheet EmptyMon 4 Feb 2013 - 22:20

I just use a white kitchen towel.

Hugs,
Lara
www.realrebornstore.com
aiw.real@gmail.com

Type of towel used over cookie sheet Banner10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Type of towel used over cookie sheet   Type of towel used over cookie sheet Empty

Back to top Go down

Type of towel used over cookie sheet
Page 1 of 1