This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello! New from the Upper Penninsula of MIchigan

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mommy And Me Nursery

Hello! New from the Upper Penninsula of MIchigan Empty
PostSubject: Hello! New from the Upper Penninsula of MIchigan   Hello! New from the Upper Penninsula of MIchigan EmptyWed 3 Apr 2013 - 2:09

Hi Everyone! My name is Kelly and I have been reborning babies for about 5 years now. I had used a instructional DVD to learn the art of Reborning. I AM HOOKED! I am looking for a hands on reborning workshop in Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois or Indiana. Does any one know of any upcoming? I'm looking for a class that will teach hair painting and rooting, and also different paint techniques. I have never taken a formal class and I'm not sure what to expect. What all do you usually need to bring with you for supplies? and are the classes normally more than 1 day? I was also interested in some of the online courses but being new I couldn't find the information for how the classes work and what the costs are. Can I watch at a good time for me or are they at a set time? I was interested in the painting hair classes offered. Also what supplies do I need for these classes also (paint colors/ pencil colors, brushes etc). I also have a question about vinal repair. One of my customers used blue corduroys on her baby but didn't wash them prior to putting them on the baby. They stained his legs blue! Is there a way to remove the blue so that the legs can still be used? I tried Mona LIsa Thinner but it didn't work. Any ideas? dancingbaby I'm really excited to be here. Thank you for all your help in advance! Best wishes, Kelly
Back to top Go down
Trish
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Trish

PostSubject: Re: Hello! New from the Upper Penninsula of MIchigan   Hello! New from the Upper Penninsula of MIchigan EmptyWed 3 Apr 2013 - 2:25

Hello! New from the Upper Penninsula of MIchigan 668841 Kelly Hello! New from the Upper Penninsula of MIchigan 3717754360 someone will come on and help you, I only collect the little ones, but love to see the baby's that the girls paint
Back to top Go down
threads
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Hello! New from the Upper Penninsula of MIchigan   Hello! New from the Upper Penninsula of MIchigan EmptyWed 3 Apr 2013 - 4:18

Hi and welcome.

You could use a Acetone, but you must be quick and wash in hot
soapy water immediately. That will take out all paint on kits.
Back to top Go down
http://www.threads-for-tiny-tots.webs.com
Michelle73
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Hello! New from the Upper Penninsula of MIchigan   Hello! New from the Upper Penninsula of MIchigan EmptyWed 3 Apr 2013 - 11:36

Hi Kelly and :real: so glad to have you here. I would not recommend acetone but that is me. What I would do is try some benzoyl peroxide gel such as what Stephanie Sullivan sells on her site. I have used this and it works great although blue denim is hard to get out of the vinyl but it's doable as I have done it. You put the gel on the vinyl and then I sit mine out in the sun and allow it to sink in and sometimes it takes several tries and several days to get the stain out but it does work. Hope this helps bigsmile
Here is the link to the product I am talking about ............ http://www.hunnybunsrebornsupply.com/inc/sdetail/16886
Back to top Go down
http://www.roseecheeksrebornnursery.net
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: Hello! New from the Upper Penninsula of MIchigan   Hello! New from the Upper Penninsula of MIchigan EmptyWed 3 Apr 2013 - 12:59

whooooo hooooo!! we got us a YUPER! Dont think I spelled that right lol.......but any ways......WELCOME TO REAL!!

Hello! New from the Upper Penninsula of MIchigan Bbb20110Hello! New from the Upper Penninsula of MIchigan My_log10Hello! New from the Upper Penninsula of MIchigan Bbbbou10
Hello! New from the Upper Penninsula of MIchigan Tina_f10
Hello! New from the Upper Penninsula of MIchigan Tina_i10
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Hello! New from the Upper Penninsula of MIchigan   Hello! New from the Upper Penninsula of MIchigan EmptyThu 4 Apr 2013 - 21:42

Yooper? Say Ya to the UP, eh? There was a R.E.A.L. workshop here at my place in Greenville, MI this past summer. At it Lara said there probably won't be any more Michigan workshops. Maybe if we got enough people interested in a new one...?

Try acne cream for the blue marks, though I doubt it'll come off. I had to be creative and change my grey sock dyed baby legs into a rotty ghost, Betelgeuse.

Hello! New from the Upper Penninsula of MIchigan 13_cop11
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/orangegrovenursery?ref=hdr_shop_menu
Mommy And Me Nursery

PostSubject: Hello! Thanks everyone!   Hello! New from the Upper Penninsula of MIchigan EmptySun 7 Apr 2013 - 2:19

Thank you all for the tips on my blue limb challenge. I considered making the baby aboriginal also. I would love to see if another R.E.A.L. reborning class could be held here in Michigan! Unfortunately, here in the U.P. I have only met one other Reborner. But if any one else is interested I'd be very interested! I'm sure there are more Yoopers who love the art! I have my babies listed on ETSY (Mommyandmenursery) and on Ebay (Simpletn381). I have sent my babies all over the world. Would you believe a productions manager from Canada just recently purchased one to use in a documentary in Cambodia! whoohoo I was so excited and am waiting for the information once the project is complete. Please let me know what I can do to help with getting enough people together for a class. Best wishes, Kelly

Can someone direct me on how to attach a picture? I haven't been able to figure it out! thankyou!
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Hello! New from the Upper Penninsula of MIchigan   Hello! New from the Upper Penninsula of MIchigan EmptySun 7 Apr 2013 - 12:43

Hi Kelly,Welcome to REAL!! welcome :real: So glad you could join us ! happyforyou! hamsterdance dancingelephant Kathy

Hello! New from the Upper Penninsula of MIchigan Classinstructor_zpsda4ff954
Hello! New from the Upper Penninsula of MIchigan Logos10
Back to top Go down
SweetLittleCherryBlooms
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
SweetLittleCherryBlooms

PostSubject: Welcome    Hello! New from the Upper Penninsula of MIchigan EmptyTue 9 Apr 2013 - 23:13

Welcome Mommy and Me! I'm new here, too. This is such a nice place.

PS: I'm in Lower Michigan and am just learning how to reborn. Would love to attend a local class.
Back to top Go down
Carolynsdollhouse
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Carolynsdollhouse

PostSubject: Re: Hello! New from the Upper Penninsula of MIchigan   Hello! New from the Upper Penninsula of MIchigan EmptyWed 10 Apr 2013 - 15:49

Good Afternoon !!
:real: We have some more Michigan ladies. I am from Manchester, Michigan.I am just 25 miles south west of Ann Arbor, and 14 miles south of Chelsea. Nice to have you all in the group. You will gets lots of help here.

Hugs
Carolyn
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CarolynAnnDuff
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello! New from the Upper Penninsula of MIchigan   Hello! New from the Upper Penninsula of MIchigan Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello! New from the Upper Penninsula of MIchigan
Page 1 of 1