This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Real Effects Air Dry Paint Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bella6

PostSubject: Real Effects Air Dry Paint Question   Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 8:27

Hello everyone, my name is Bella and I am new here. I have only been learning to reborn for about a year. I love to make them, but I am also a collector. The question I have is related to a reborn I bought from another reborner that has been done in the Real Effects Air Dry paint. I have only used GHSP, so don't know much about them.

The reborn is too dark and mottled, giving it a bruised look. I'm not sure whether to strip it back - (if so, what can I use to remove the air dry paint?) and start over and redo it myself, which means I have to take out the hair.

Secondly, can anyone tell me if you can paint over air dry paint with GHSP? I am thinking a few coats of flesh over the top, might fix the dark, mottled look. What do you ladies think would be best?

Thanks - Bella.
Back to top Go down
kristipeachycheeks
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: too much mottling   Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 11:56

Oh that's too bad- I can't answer the question-- you could give her a makeover- but I was just going to say that too much mottling can happen with Genesis or airdry paints.
Back to top Go down
http://Peachycheeksnursery.com
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: painting   Sat 1 Mar 2014 - 3:15

Hi Bella!

I would PM ( private message) April Yap and ask her advice as she is really experienced with air dry paints!

wishing you luck with is issue.

Hugs,

Jenny

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice" (words of wisdom from my Dad) :P
Back to top Go down
April
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Real Effects Air Dry Paint Question   Sat 1 Mar 2014 - 12:19

I do not reccomend painting over cause the RealEffects could turn yellow when heated. It's best just to strip and repaint. You can strip the paint in the same way you would genesis. I find theat lacquer thinner is the best to strip paint ;)
Back to top Go down
http://www.sweetiepienursery.com/index.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Real Effects Air Dry Paint Question   

Back to top Go down

Real Effects Air Dry Paint Question
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1