This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Hello! New from Cincinnati

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ninabonita4

PostSubject: Hello! New from Cincinnati   Tue 8 Apr 2014 - 21:29

Hi! I'm Amanda and I'm from Cincinnati, OH. I'm new here and I just received my first reborn, Charlotte.

I have an issue with Charlotte and I want to know if fixing is possible. Firstly, I'm not sure if she's actually a reborn. I bought her on eBay and they said she was a reborn. She is an Ashton Drake doll and I didn't know that until she arrived at my house. However, the biggest problem is her arms. I was told she had 3/4 arms, but she has 1/2 arms.

I was wondering if this could be fixed. I know this would mean a new cloth body and completely new arms which probably won't be painted exactly the same way. At this point I don't care, I just want her to have 3/4 arms.
Back to top Go down
nightowlnursery
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: Hello! New from Cincinnati   Wed 9 Apr 2014 - 0:26

An Ashton Drake is not a reborn, it is a factory manufactured doll and I am almost 100% sure that you would be happier with 1/2 arms that are the right color than with 3/4 arms that are the wrong color. Why don't you sell her and buy a reborn which is more to your taste. Be sure and read carefully and look carefully at all the pictures. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nightowlnursery.com
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Hello! New from Cincinnati   Wed 16 Apr 2014 - 13:22

Hi ,welcome to REAL!  welcome :real: I agree about the Ashton Drake,I would leave that one as is and try to look for one with the 3/4 or full limbs. Glad you could join us! bigsmile  Kathy

Back to top Go down
threads
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Hello! New from Cincinnati   Fri 18 Apr 2014 - 2:59

I had an Aston Drake Emmy which I paid a lady to reborn for me, she purchased new limbs
and a cloth body was added, she matched the head and limbs perfectly. This is not a cheap
option but well worth it if you love the one you have. these Ashdon Drake dolls are filled with
all sorts of rubbish too. sand stones unbelieable what came out of the original body.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thrads-for-tiny-tots.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello! New from Cincinnati   

Back to top Go down

Hello! New from Cincinnati
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum :: General :: New Members-
Jump to: