This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Another ? about just born ebbok/nail beds

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
shandeni
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby

PostSubject: Another ? about just born ebbok/nail beds   Tue 22 Apr 2014 - 19:16

I am working on the nailbed step, where u add the lavender color to just the base of the nailbed, over the pibk layer that was previously painted. It says to add a bit of the lavender to the base and then blend in with tip of cosmetic sponge. The goal is to make the lavebder darker at the base of the nailbed and gradually go to the pink color. Im having issues with this part and have been working on it for 2 days now! Ive even made my color a little darker hoping it would show up more but thats not working either. Everytime i touch it very lightly with the wedge it just comes right off and u cant even see the purple color. Has anybody done this ebook and give me any advice, hints or ideas as to what or how im supposed to be doing this step? Thank you in advance.
Shannon
Back to top Go down
Tiffeny
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: Another ? about just born ebbok/nail beds   Tue 22 Apr 2014 - 20:35

Hi Shannon, I just finished a doll using this ebook. I had the same kind of problem so I just went very lightly with a small mop brush. It seemed to work decently.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
shandeni
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby

PostSubject: Re: Another ? about just born ebbok/nail beds   Tue 22 Apr 2014 - 23:08

Ribbons and Rainbows wrote:
Hi Shannon, I just finished a doll using this ebook. I had the same kind of problem so I just went very lightly with a small mop brush. It seemed to work decently.

Hope this helps.

Thanks so very much, i had to strip my nails bc i was trying to get the purple off, it took a little of the pink off as well in some spots! So as soon as i redo the pink layer and try the purple again, i will try the mop brush to see if that helps. I did try a really small fan brush but it still wiped the purple layer right off or made it chunky and bumpy looking on the purple paint that WAS left on the nail. Ughhh.... i tell ya, this is way harder than i ever even imagined! Lol! Thanks for your reply and suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another ? about just born ebbok/nail beds   

Back to top Go down

Another ? about just born ebbok/nail beds
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1