This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

RULES FOR AOTM

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DreamWeaver
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: RULES FOR AOTM   Sat 28 Mar 2015 - 17:39

Ok ladies.....for these contests there are a few simple rules, everyone should know them and follow them.

NOTE: CONTEST Voting will now only run for 5 days!

1. Baby MUST be one you have NEVER shared, however,
**if you are selling baby, please try to make pics for contest different than those you had for selling photos if possible!!
**You may share WIP pics on other forums but not on REAL. No advertising baby as yours since contest is still anonymous!
YOU CAN HAVE BABY IN MULTIPLE FORUM CONTEST!

2. PM>> JENNY IN NH<< 3 pics- ALL clear- 1 FULL BODY -1 CLOSE UP and, and 3 is the most skipped over, the HAIR! I MUST have a pic of HAIR!
Whether its rooted, painted, bald, whatever, a clear pic of hair/head. Bows are fine as long as I can see the hair clearly!!

3. If you enter a baby but DO NOT win you CAN enter that baby again, but the same rules will apply.

4. If you win, you are welcome to enter future contest, however, you must wait 30 days and not enter the contest the month following your win and you must enter with a new baby.

Lets keep this fun! bigsmile

bigsmile

Reborns by DreamWeaver
Artist Sarah Beth

Last edited by DreamWeaver on Mon 4 Jan 2016 - 3:48; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
sandys sweethearts
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: RULES FOR AOTM   Sun 29 Mar 2015 - 1:57

1. Baby MUST be one you have NEVER shared, no exceptions! This means, not on any forums, lists, eBay, etsy, ect...

This rule will cause a low amount of entries for sure rules  oho
Back to top Go down
DreamWeaver
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: RULES FOR AOTM   Sun 29 Mar 2015 - 10:06

I know it might cause some issue with entries but to keep it completely anonymous, this is what we have decided to do. A lot of thought and discussion has gone into the rules. Rules that should make it a fun and fair contest. Sadly I have to deal with several messages each month about babies who some think shouldn't qualify for one reason or another. With these rules in place, nothing will be left to question. I hope this will clear everything up for everyone and again, I am only trying to keep it going smoothly for everyone! If anyone needs to, feel free to message me if you have any questions or concerns about it and I will do what I can to help!

Reborns by DreamWeaver
Artist Sarah Beth
Back to top Go down
DreamWeaver
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: RULES FOR AOTM   Sun 29 Mar 2015 - 11:27

ALSO! I am ALWAYS open to suggestions and Ideas to make the contest better, so PLEASE PLEASE feel free to chat with me about any you have! I do this for ya'll! bigsmile

Reborns by DreamWeaver
Artist Sarah Beth
Back to top Go down
Patti-Cake Nursery
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: RULES FOR AOTM   Sun 29 Mar 2015 - 12:03

sandys sweethearts wrote:
1. Baby MUST be one you have NEVER shared, no exceptions! This means, not on any forums, lists, eBay, etsy, ect...

This rule will cause a low amount of entries for sure rules  oho

I completely agree. My understanding was not to share your entries on this forum, which I never do. Say you finish a baby at the beginning of the month..if you want to enter it in the contest that would be 3-4 weeks before you could list your baby for sale. it takes me so long to complete and sell a baby, I cannot afford to have them sitting around in secret limbo for weeks on end. I am really quite sad because I love entering and participating. I wonder how many feel the same, because this rule is going to make it nearly impossible for me to enter. sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/sophiemarie2cute
DreamWeaver
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: RULES FOR AOTM   Sun 29 Mar 2015 - 12:33

DreamWeaver wrote:

Ok, I am working on this one, this rule has to apply but I want it to work also. Baby HAS to be anonymous but I don't want babies held in limbo either.

Reborns by DreamWeaver
Artist Sarah Beth
Back to top Go down
Patti-Cake Nursery
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: RULES FOR AOTM   Sun 29 Mar 2015 - 12:56

thankyou! Thank you for taking my concerns into consideration, I really appreciate it. thankyou!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/sophiemarie2cute
AmyR777
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: RULES FOR AOTM   Sun 29 Mar 2015 - 14:19

Patti-Cake Nursery wrote:

I completely agree. My understanding was not to share your entries on this forum, which I never do.

That was my understanding, too. It already keeps me from sharing WIP pics on REAL. Not sure what I'll do if we can't show the pics anywhere. IDK
Back to top Go down
http://Www.reborndolls.me
DreamWeaver
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: RULES FOR AOTM   Sun 29 Mar 2015 - 15:05

AmyR777 wrote:
Patti-Cake Nursery wrote:

I completely agree. My understanding was not to share your entries on this forum, which I never do.

That was my understanding, too. It already keeps me from sharing WIP pics on REAL. Not sure what I'll do if we can't show the pics anywhere. IDK

Well, When I took over.....rules were a bit unclear and I didn't really know what was going on in the past. It was just kinda dropped in my lap. I myself have never even entered the contest so I was flying blind. Not a lot of help until someone didn't like something....but how was I to know....know what I mean?

I have gotten with Lara already over the contest and since I am heading it up I am supposed to set the rules. HOWEVER, that does not mean I am gonna put rules in that will make it no fun or hard. As you all see, we have had big turn out every month....that is due to my relaxed attitude on some things regarding the contest.
But, that being said, I can no longer spend time dealing with the complaints of rule breaking...so rules are set....and must be followed....if you want to enter you need to follow them.

Now, I am changing up rule #1 a bit......you WILL be allowed to sell BUT you MUST FIRST show me pics of baby for contest AND ebay/etsy and if they differ enough as to remain anonymous, then your fine to enter! Remember, it is supposed to be anonymous, not a popularity contest among friends! wink

Reborns by DreamWeaver
Artist Sarah Beth
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: RULES FOR AOTM   Sun 29 Mar 2015 - 23:45

Sarah, I think this is an excellent plan and although it will significantly reduce the number of entries, it will be a bit more anonymous. FaceBook posts usually go along with eBay listings, so with FaceBook also eliminated, I think most people that want to enter will just wait to list the babies. The rules for AOTM actually started out the way you are setting them up, but when Tina took over and there had not been very much participation (due to the restrictions), the rules were changed to allow sharing anywhere and everywhere except on REAL and participation increased. Your way is much more fair to the people entering the AOTM competition.
Back to top Go down
DreamWeaver
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: RULES FOR AOTM   Mon 30 Mar 2015 - 0:37

Thanks Pia!
I am hoping to iron out all the rules and such to keep participation up and keep it fair and fun!

Reborns by DreamWeaver
Artist Sarah Beth
Back to top Go down
DreamWeaver
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: RULES FOR AOTM   Mon 30 Mar 2015 - 0:49

I want to say again to everyone, remember this is supposed to be artist of the month contest based on our work as an artist, NOT who we are, how many friends we have, how many votes we can get ect....There is no soliciting votes for your baby. You can invite people to vote, but in NO way let anyone know which baby to vote for or which baby is yours. Nor do anything that increases your chances for votes. No sharing WIP pics of baby on forums, facebook, forum siggys, avatars, ect...

If it is brought to my attention I will have to disqualify your entry, because it is based on the baby and the artist interpretation itself, NOT how many votes you can bring for yourself! PLEASE lets keep it fun and friendly!!  sad These new rules start with the May contest!

Reborns by DreamWeaver
Artist Sarah Beth

Last edited by DreamWeaver on Wed 3 Jun 2015 - 18:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bornannew
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: RULES FOR AOTM   Mon 30 Mar 2015 - 4:52

To truly keep an entry anonymous, the entry should be kept confidential. WIPs, FB posting, Ebay/Etsy, or sharing in a Siggy is acknowledging that "You" created the Reborn...and gives the voter the information...

The decision should be to advertise and sell OR contest entry...We are talking about one reborn...many artists create several per month...

I have shared my baby on my FB pages this month as the rules were changed. I also entered the same reborn on another forum. However my name on both forums is different from my Doll Page. Although I must admit I cannot see a reason to re-enter one that did not receive 1st place one month and expect to do better the next.

Thank you Sarah Beth for your efforts and for trying to keep it an even "playing field".
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: RULES FOR AOTM   Mon 30 Mar 2015 - 14:06

I think that the AOTM contest is better if no one knows who the baby belongs to. I am sure everyone has at least one baby that they are working on each month and haven't sold on Ebay yet.

Each moderator who has been in charge of AOTM has had their own set of rules for the contest, though most are pretty similar. Sarah is welcome to modify and change whatever she wants and is open enough to take suggestions from you all. We want this to be fun and encouraging to everyone who participates!!! So, let's try to keep this fun. Complaining about rules and about certain babies just makes this turn into a JOB for whoever is running it. It takes a TON of effort to put this together every month. Between Sarah and Barb making the logos, I think they do a wonderful job!!!!!

I will keep this thread a stick, and if anything changes, it will be added or changed in Sarah's original post to make it easy to find the rules each month.

Good luck to everyone who continues to participate!!!! I LOVE seeing all the babies each month!!! whoohoo
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelsinwaitingnursery.com
AmyR777
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: RULES FOR AOTM   Mon 30 Mar 2015 - 14:34

Perhaps it would help to shorten the voting time. That would allow the babies to be sold and marketed more quickly. Most of the voting takes place in the first 3 days so maybe a 5-day voting period would help. IDK
Back to top Go down
DreamWeaver
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: RULES FOR AOTM   Mon 30 Mar 2015 - 22:46

We can do shorter voting time.....what time does everyone feel would be good? 5 days? 7 days?

Reborns by DreamWeaver
Artist Sarah Beth
Back to top Go down
AmyR777
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: RULES FOR AOTM   Mon 30 Mar 2015 - 23:21

I vote for 5 days.
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: RULES FOR AOTM   Tue 31 Mar 2015 - 0:41

I second the 5 day vote.
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: RULES FOR AOTM   Tue 31 Mar 2015 - 10:10

AmyR777 wrote:
Perhaps it would help to shorten the voting time. That would allow the babies to be sold and marketed more quickly. Most of the voting takes place in the first 3 days so maybe a 5-day voting period would help. IDK

Great idea!
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelsinwaitingnursery.com
sandys sweethearts
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: RULES FOR AOTM   Tue 31 Mar 2015 - 20:46

Great idea! I vote for 5 days thankyou!
Back to top Go down
DreamWeaver
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: RULES FOR AOTM   Tue 31 Mar 2015 - 23:06

I think 5 days will be the new voting period! bigsmile

Reborns by DreamWeaver
Artist Sarah Beth
Back to top Go down
SharonR
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: RULES FOR AOTM   Wed 3 Jun 2015 - 13:39

Sarah do you want pictures pm'd you here or emailed?
Back to top Go down
http://sharonskidsandkritters.blogspot.com/
DreamWeaver
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: RULES FOR AOTM   Wed 3 Jun 2015 - 18:53

Jenny in NH is helping out until i come back, please private message your pictures to her! bigsmile

Reborns by DreamWeaver
Artist Sarah Beth
Back to top Go down
cindyw

PostSubject: ever shared as WIP head picture   Sun 21 Jun 2015 - 7:11

I ever shared a WIP picture , the head ONLY.
Can I still join the contest ?
Back to top Go down
DreamWeaver
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: RULES FOR AOTM   Sun 21 Jun 2015 - 12:10

send me a pm about it

Reborns by DreamWeaver
Artist Sarah Beth
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: RULES FOR AOTM   Mon 4 Jan 2016 - 13:10

This thread has been updated in the initial post. Runs 5 days and the baby can be shown anywhere EXCEPT on REAL. Entries due on the 19th. Would love to see some additional participation in the AOTM contests!
Back to top Go down
MLToriginals
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby

PostSubject: Re: RULES FOR AOTM   Tue 22 Mar 2016 - 0:14

So to enter an AOTM contest does your "skill" have to be at a certain number? Or can anyone join?
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: RULES FOR AOTM   Tue 22 Mar 2016 - 1:09

MLToriginals wrote:
So to enter an  AOTM contest does your "skill" have to be at a certain number? Or can anyone join?
Anyone can enter!
Back to top Go down
DreamWeaver
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: RULES FOR AOTM   Tue 22 Mar 2016 - 21:57

bigsmile
What she said! Thanks Pia!

Reborns by DreamWeaver
Artist Sarah Beth
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: RULES FOR AOTM   Thu 14 Apr 2016 - 0:58

Don't forget to send your entries to Jenny in NH while Sarah is away! Deadline is the 19th, 9 PM EST!
Back to top Go down
lindah964
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: May - June AOTM   Sat 16 Apr 2016 - 0:01

Sarah I am getting lost in thread. May June aotm contest still open? Also can they be pm or through dream weaver- only my son knows how to do that or email all of which I need to ask for info how. Thanks and pm is on real? I will get right one day. Hugs night thankyou!
Back to top Go down
http://Lilyfrostreborncreations.com
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: RULES FOR AOTM   Sat 16 Apr 2016 - 0:20

Yes- send them to dreamweaver via PM or email! The ones you are sending now are for May Artist of the Month.
Back to top Go down
DreamWeaver
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: RULES FOR AOTM   Sat 16 Apr 2016 - 21:34

yes its still open, contest doesn't start till the 19th

Reborns by DreamWeaver
Artist Sarah Beth
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: RULES FOR AOTM   Sat 16 Apr 2016 - 22:09

lindah964 wrote:
Sarah I am getting lost in thread. May June aotm contest still open? Also can they be pm or through dream weaver- only my son knows how to do that or email all of which I need to ask for info how. Thanks and pm is on real?  I will get right one day. Hugs night thankyou!

Just helping out Linda...  Private Message to DreamWeaver (no space in between dream and weaver) is the little button down below her name bottom left,  it is the "MP" button,  then once the message box opens up, you add your pictures to the body of your message. In the Post title but MAY CONTEST ENTRIES, I think that will help Sarah if she has a lot of mail to find your entries quicker.

Here is a link by our very own SharonT on how to add the pictures, if you need it.  

http://www.realreborn.com/t9245-using-r-e-a-l-s-photo-hosting-function

If its easier for you, here is Sarah's email, you can send your pictures there:

rebornsbydreamweaver@yahoo.com

Let me know if you need any more help.

thankyou!

Hugs,

Jenny

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice" (words of wisdom from my Dad) :P

Last edited by Jenny In NH on Sun 17 Apr 2016 - 4:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DreamWeaver
Steady Walker
Steady Walker

PostSubject: Re: RULES FOR AOTM   Sun 17 Apr 2016 - 0:01

Reborns by DreamWeaver
Artist Sarah Beth
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RULES FOR AOTM   

Back to top Go down