This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Silicone rooting

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shebrewz

PostSubject: Silicone rooting   Sat 11 Jun 2016 - 15:41

Hi Laura and all those helping. I have a question concerning a silicone doll I bought about a year ago. Just now got around to rooting his head and have noticed that I might have rooted a little too close and it appears there are now rooting holes with the silicone seeming to come out of the head. It looks like cradle cap but I don't want this on the head. Is there any way I can perhaps heat or rewarm the head and the holes will close up? Perhaps with a damp or moist towel on the head? There seems to be so little on the topic of silicone rooting or at least so little that is offered free. I have a silicone doll DVD that I bought but nothing is mentioned about rooting and causing holes or beads of silicone to come from the top of the head. I am desperate for someone to be kind enough to answer and help. This doll was expensive and I thought I could do the rooting myself without having to pay for the rooting. Now I wished I hadn't tried that. Any help would be so appreciated!  sad

By the way I am loving learning from your DVD's I purchased from you on Micro-rooting and air painting, Lara. thankyou!
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: so sorry this happened to you   Sun 12 Jun 2016 - 14:30

I hope someone is knowledgeable about this problem for you. I am not. Just wanted to say that I feel so badly for you!!  It might be helpful if you
also add what type of silicone it is. I have seen 3 or 4 different types for sale.

We do have a couple of silicone doll artists here, on the top of my head I can only think of Lara, April & Tina Bloomfield, but I don't know if they ever had that
problem with their silicone dolls while rooting.  

In the meantime, have you considered contacting the manufacturer of your silicone doll?  Maybe they will know just what to do! I will keep my fingers crossed for you that someone can help you out.  I wonder if you emailed a well known silicone artist, just asking them for advice/help, maybe they would advise you - some reborners are very kind and helpful if you ask.

((((hugs))))

Jenny

Hugs,

Jenny

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice" (words of wisdom from my Dad) :P
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Silicone rooting   Wed 21 Sep 2016 - 14:29

Unfortunately, unlike vinyl, the holes do not close up when heated. My advice to you would be to take the hair out about an inch away from where you see the holes and redo the silicone. It will take some work, as you will need to mix your parts A and B to ill the holes and re-sand the head to get it smooth and repaint to match the skin tone. But since you will be rooting, hopefully, once you re root, it will look good. I wish I could help more.
best to use the smallest needle possible, and be sure not to use a forked needles on silicone, as these will leave a hole!
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelsinwaitingnursery.com
Lara
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Silicone rooting   Wed 21 Sep 2016 - 14:31

If anyone has had more experience with this, maybe they can give better advice, but that's what I would do. I have a silicone baby with a boo boo on her face and I need to fix her. She has been in my drawer for about 2 years. One day I will get to her!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelsinwaitingnursery.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silicone rooting   

Back to top Go down

Silicone rooting
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1