This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hi from Oz

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lynknursery
Lynknursery

Hi from Oz Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Oz   Hi from Oz EmptyTue 19 Jan 2010 - 19:41

Hi everyone.
I am new to this forum, thanks Lara for the link.
I have been reborning nearly 12 months now and have done close to 30 reborns in that time. A couple are still waiting on finishing touches like hair...... the one aspect of reborning I don't like is rooting, yet it is what makes or breaks a finished look I reckon. I learnt that with my AS Eden kit.
I had it as a boy with hand drawn hair and although got interest did not sell. Now with hair she is very pretty as Jayna.
Hi from Oz ASEdenComp-1

I look forward to getting to know everyone on here and hopefully pick up more skills and information.
An artist never stops learning and I am always striving to improve all aspects of my work.

Lyn
Reborn Artist - Lynk Nursery

Hi from Oz Header-lynkproducts Hi from Oz Lynkboutique
Hi from Oz Lynk2011mod Hi from Oz Charter021
Hi from Oz 1Bubf-101-1
PLEASE CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE
- NEW ITEMS BEING ADDED REGULARLY
http://lynkproducts.com.au
Hi from Oz Rap
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

Hi from Oz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Oz   Hi from Oz EmptyTue 19 Jan 2010 - 21:27

Hi, welcome to the forum :D I am from New Zealand! Aww your little baby is sooo cute! It's funny how people often still prefer having mohair rather than painted hair. Our top reborn artists in NZ still struggle to sell their reborns when they paint the hair as this is not what the buyers prefer... (and yet they are still making them without hair?). I will take a look at your website too, it's great to find someone a bit closer to home to keep the costs down. Enjoy the forum!
Back to top Go down
angelicbundles
angelicbundles

Hi from Oz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Oz   Hi from Oz EmptyTue 19 Jan 2010 - 21:51

Hi Lyn!

Good to see you here and look forward to chatting! I'm not a big fan of rooting either but I think the main reason is I always wind up with more hair than I want, plus my shoulder, arm and hand get so tired. I find myself gripping the rooting tool way too hard but you are right...hair can make or break the baby :lol: :lol:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/angelicbundles
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

Hi from Oz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Oz   Hi from Oz EmptyTue 19 Jan 2010 - 23:06

Welcome! So glad you decided to join us! I must admit, I love rooting...I am a nutball, I know. :P

Hugs,
Lara
www.realrebornstore.com
aiw.real@gmail.com

Hi from Oz Banner10
Back to top Go down
angelicbundles
angelicbundles

Hi from Oz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Oz   Hi from Oz EmptyTue 19 Jan 2010 - 23:22

That is because you do such a beautiful job at it Lara! :flower: :flower:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/angelicbundles
Second Star
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Second Star

Hi from Oz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Oz   Hi from Oz EmptyWed 20 Jan 2010 - 0:14

Hello and Welcome to a great forum Lyn!!!! Nice to have you join us!!! Your baby is very sweet and I am one of those who is more of a fan of hair. Sorry!!! I do however realize just what it takes to aquire the talent of painting hair and can appreciate the skill!!!! Hope you enjoy being here!!!
Back to top Go down
Lynknursery
Lynknursery

Hi from Oz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Oz   Hi from Oz EmptyWed 20 Jan 2010 - 2:56

thanks for the lovely welcome.
I must admit I sell way more rooted than not rooted. Only 3 not rooted, two with drawn hair and one baldy. After revamping my Eden I must admit I prefer the look of hair, but I do so hate doing it.
Having said that though I have made an effort this week, and finished off 3 heads, 2 of which have been sitting around for some time. I am trying to get some new stock for the upcoming doll show and if I don't do hairs it not going to happen........lol.
I do still wish to improve my skills at the painted hair though as done right it does look good.

Lyn
Reborn Artist - Lynk Nursery

Hi from Oz Header-lynkproducts Hi from Oz Lynkboutique
Hi from Oz Lynk2011mod Hi from Oz Charter021
Hi from Oz 1Bubf-101-1
PLEASE CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE
- NEW ITEMS BEING ADDED REGULARLY
Hi from Oz Rap
Back to top Go down

Hi from Oz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Oz   Hi from Oz EmptyWed 20 Jan 2010 - 14:44

Welcome Lyn! Very cute baby girl!! Nice job!
Back to top Go down
barb
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
barb

Hi from Oz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Oz   Hi from Oz EmptyThu 21 Jan 2010 - 0:00

Hi Lyn, Welcome to the group Im sure you will like it here. Im from Oz too....... Nice to meet you and look forward to talking to you. I must admit rootings not my favourite thing either lol....
Barb
Back to top Go down
live4trauma
Toddler
Toddler
live4trauma

Hi from Oz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Oz   Hi from Oz EmptyWed 3 Feb 2010 - 12:46

Hi and welcome Lyn. Your babies are cute but I have to admit I prefer babies with hair. Now as a newbie to the art I have to admit it is not my favorite thing to do. Still have to work on it. I have a habit of adding too much hair but it is getting better. And as for Lara maybe in a few years of reborning I may start to like it not quite sure about loving it!! Just so time comsuming, never find enough time. Debbie
Back to top Go down
rebecca
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
rebecca

Hi from Oz Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Oz   Hi from Oz EmptySat 6 Feb 2010 - 2:06

:cheers: Welcome Lyn to the REAL World and you do fabulous work and the rooted hair is to die for, I prefer the hair to the drawn hair but thats just me. The classes are so good for us all and like you say we never can get enough when it comes to learning and Lara is simply one of the best. :flower:
Back to top Go down
http://www.beckyscradlecreations.net
Lyndies*Lovies
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Lyndies*Lovies

Hi from Oz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Oz   Hi from Oz EmptySun 7 Feb 2010 - 4:33

Hi Lyn,

I like both the painted and the rooted hair and your little baby looked pretty appealing both ways. The skin tone painting looked really good.

You spoke of a doll show. What show would that be? I've never tried to schedule my travel around a doll show - but I just might. After all, it is nice and warm in Sydney this time of year. I've only been to the airport - and there are so many reasons to visit Sydney, but a doll show would be frosting on the cake. I've been to Brisbane and from there drove to Melbourne and all was perfectly enchanting.

I'd love to see more pictures of those babies that finally got rooted - I have a little orphan myself who hasn't quite gotten her hair. I hope you are encouraged here, I certainly have been.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi from Oz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Oz   Hi from Oz Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from Oz
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum :: General :: New Members-
Jump to: